Saturday 14 June 2008

Chocolate is a food group right?

Had a meeting at Salamanca today about the thesis that never seems to end. Was originally going to meet my supervisor at the Quarry, but we both realised that there is nothing really GF free about their snack menu so we continued up towards Salamanca Square in search of food.
I will admit to not having being very good with my allergy diet lately, and I suspect its partially why my PMS has been so bad this month - so I am back on the GF band wagon for a couple of months to let the body have time to heal.

So what relavence does this have to a food blog you may ask? Well we ended up at Say Cheese, which I havent been to in Donkeys, but had a lovely list of very lucious looking sundaes.
My supervisor was paying (bless his cotton socks) and I had not eaten anything yet and it was after 12, so I ordered the Chocolate Sundae. Lets just say for 13.50 its DEFINATELY worth it.
Large glass parfait glass, mass of chocolate icecream in the bottom, then a layer of marshmallows and hot chocolate fudge sauce, then a layer of vanilla and another of chocolate. Toppped with cream, more sauce, chocolate squares around the edge and some biscotti (which I took off and didnt eat). Comfort food of the HIGHEST calibre - made what had the potential to be a fraught meeting (my lack of writing progress is scaring me, but my supervisor seems to think that I'm gonna be ok) good.

Tonight I am being taken out to 373 for adinner as Mee Wah was fully booked.

Totally as an aside, if you want good discounts at many of the good eating places in Tassie, may I suggest getting your mitts on one of the Entertainment guides? Lots of resturants offering 2 for one main meals, or 25% off the total bill. Places both in the North or the South of the state, as well a the East Coast. Ebb is there, as is Banc and Fee and Me. In Hobart the range is from places like Vanidols to Alexanders, Picalily, Kellys, Fransico's, Mee Wah, 373. Also entertainment options such as bowling, Par Avion discounts etc. Avaliable from the St Davids Cathedral office at the Church house at the back of the Cathedral. $50 - which you get back VERY quickly as I found out using the 25% discount voucher at Onba - we got about 20 dollars off our bill the other day -which essentially meant we got the 3 pots of tea and the coffees we had for free.

Anyhow I better go find something vaguely dressy to wear tonight.
Review in the next couple of days when I need a break from marking exam papers.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Great post TG, and thanks for the hot tip about the chokky sundae at Say Cheese. I don't know what it is about that place but I just don't like the look of it. Hence it would NEVER occur with me to go there, for anything. Now I know about this delight of sundaes, I'll get me thence!
I'll be interetsed to see your review of 373 too.