Friday 27 June 2008

Random Lunch Review.....

Isnt it COLD? Was in town yesterday and remember around 2pm that I hadnt eaten all day. So contemplated my options. Ended up at the tiny Thai place near Cafe Toulse - the name escapes me just now, but its tiny, 6 tables and a counter and thats about it.
I wanted soup, but didnt feel like something spice hot so choose the non spice option (13) at the bottom of the menu. Coupled with a serving of Satay I thought that it could be a nice hot filling meal. At 13 dollars it had better be!
Out came a large skewer of chicken with satay dipping sauce which was lovely and a massive bowl of soup. I want to learn how to make this soup. It was gorgeous. Bits of squid and prawn, with scallops and rice noodle along with egg in a lovely thick broth. Filling, warm and really yummy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Tassie, but a name would be great.
Yes it was cold but it did warm up a bit later.
And don't we need the rain! Rain on I say. But not that drizzling stuff! It needs to literally P*#$s down.
Easy to say as I sit here eating Steak and Guiness Stew with Colcannon Mash.

Rita said...

It's the Khaow Thai, TG.

Tassiegal said...

Thank you Rita....this week has been shite and remembering names of places I have been too, let alone what I have eaten has been a struggle. Hopefully after next week things will improve.