Monday 14 June 2010

Procastination.

I should be writing my thesis. I have spent since 10am this morning attempting to re do a chapter which can not decide if it wants to be one chapter or two. This has taken me 2 avocado and brown mustard cress rolls on sour dough and 3 fundraising chocolate bars to do...and its still not done.

An update to the food adventures in my life - been no where spectacular. However the Japanese resturant on Liverpool street is probably my new favourite lunch/early dinner place for cheap eats.
Two large sushi rolls and a drink will set you back less than 10 dollars, and they will make the rolls up fresh if you want something slightly different. Have eaten there twice in the last fortnight - once as a take away and once as an eat in. Both times the food was plentiful and full of flavour.

Am having Monty cravings, so am saving my pennies to treat myself once I get a full draft of the thesis into the supervisors (all going well that will be mid next month). Am still trying to find an excuse to get up to Lonnie to try the free fall menu @ the Terraces. My last two excuses didnt pan out (the meeting ended up be tele confrenced and the post grad thing was cancelled). May have to just go up there one weekend for the heck of it. Am eating alot of porridge at the moment - which is odd as until 6 months ago I HATED the stuff. But now I will gobble it down with golden syrup, nutmeg, vanilla and cinamon. My taste buds are odd.

Farmers market wise I have had some interesting things lately. My latest purchase on Sunday was a Vitabeet (sp?) which is apparently a type of swede/turnip. The leaves can be used in salads and the root cooked like a swede/beetroot. I ate some of the leaves last night, they have a spinich type texture and taste with what tastes like a coriander aftertaste. Definately healthy. Also been eating alot of Kale - Kale chips are amazing and dead simple to make. Am craving oranges but not getting any, but have been devouring limes in my water. I will admit to buying a couple of avocados from Frescos to satify a craving for avocado and cress sandwiches and some bananas for the potassium.

Oh well, better get back to it.

5 comments:

Food Review said...

This has taken me 2 avocado and brown mustard cress rolls on sour dough and 3 fundraising chocolate bars to do..

This just sounds delicious. It's a bummer about your other project pushed aside, but at least it was for some great sounding food.

-- Regards, Food Review

large canvas said...

Haha that's great. Can't wait to try it myself!

banksy canvas art said...

Haha no one likes to procrastinate, just get on with it!

banksy canvas art said...

Haha no one likes to procrastinate, just get on with it!

mohka canvas art said...

Tasty stuff, thanks!